Muskoka Waterfront Real estate
Searching Muskoka cottages for sale? Well then welcome to our new website to make finding that cottage easier. Over the years we’ve found that people searching for waterfront real estate get frustrated having to navigate through old listings that have been kicking around for ages so we decided to fix that! On this site you will find only new properties just posted to the MLS from many of Muskoka’s top brokerages. We continually refresh listings from the MLS throughout the day and put them in order of posting so it’s easy to track.
If something catches your eye, contact us and we’ll send you a package with even more great information. Better still, we’ll set things up for you to come and have a look.
Here’s some of the advantages of the new site;
- Super easy navigation
- Only Waterfront Real Estate listings in Muskoka
- Great research tools
- Extensive M.L.S. property details
- Walk scores, room sizes, area information and more…
Waterfront cottages are kind of our thing so if you have any questions about a particular lake, area or township just ask. An example would be Ahmic Lake in Magnetawan where you can build a boathouse with living quarters at one end but not the other! Lake Joseph is other great example where, depending on where the property is located, changes what, where and how large you can build. There are many important things that don’t appear on listings to keep in mind, here’s our short list:
Cottage Search Check List
Always check for environmentally protected areas on the lot
Shore Road Allowance (SRA) is often not owned and can be very important
Access is not always as straight forward as it seems
Not all vacant waterfront lots can be built-on
Research the lake! http://www.muskokawaterweb.ca/
It can be a bit of a minefield but that’s why we’re here.
Many of our clients intend to move to their cottage when they retire. If that’s your plan there’s few more things to add to list of things to check out before signing on the dotted line;
- make sure the property has year round access. Some townships do not allow snowplowing on seasonal roads even if you do it yourself.
- future distance to healthcare – there are changes coming in regards to hospitals in Muskoka
- access to propane – some companies will not deliver gas on certain roads in the winter
- elevation off the waterfront- those steps will seem longer every year!
Questions / Comments?